Sunday 21 October 2018

Inktober 2018 - Week 3


Day 15 - "Weak" -  a quick and silly one today... Hey, it was a Monday and we all need a chuckle on Monday morning, right, gang?




Day 16 - "Angular" - This reminded me of the classic weird tale The Hounds of Tindalos by Frank Belknap Long

"They are beyond good and evil as we know it. They are that which in the beginning fell away from cleanliness. Through the deed they became bodies of death, receptacles of all foulness. But they are not evil in our sense because in the spheres through which they move there is no thought, no morals, no right or wrong as we understand it. There is merely the pure and the foul. The foul expresses itself through angles..."

You can hear my reading of it here


Day 17 - "Swollen" - This prompt made me thing of another Mythos entity, Tsathoggua, created by Clark Ashton Smith. This sketch is from a Hyperborean statue carved by Smith himself of the fat, sleepy bat-toad god.



Day 18 - "Bottle" -  Fancy a djinn and tonic?



Day 19 - "Scorched" - At this time of year, I couldn't help thinking of the fate of many a guy...


Day 20 - "Breakable" - This put me in mind of breaking curses, which in turn leads me to Casting the Runes by MR James...



Day 21 - "Drain" -  Well, in an attempt to avoid doing the inevitable Pennywise picture, I considered "drain" as a verb, which led me to vampires, and therefore provided the perfect excuse to draw Ingrid Pitt...




No comments: