Thursday 20 October 2016

FOLKLORE FLASHBACK #11 - The Secrets of Halloween!


Well the end of October is approaching fast, and everyone's getting ready to celebrate the spookiest night of the year - Hallowe'en! And unsurprisingly in the past I've made several forays into the folklore of All Hallows Eve... 

So then, first of we have a round-up of assorted Halloween charms and rites - 

http://hypnogoria.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/folklore-on-friday-hallowed-by-thy.html

For a more in-depth look into the origins and history of Halloween, check out my epic length podcast, in which I untangle a great many myths about the holiday and discover the real roots of our modern customs and traditions -

The Origins of Halloween


Now this show was such a success, that the following year, I produced a sequel show, that explored how Halloween has evolved from folk customs to being part of modern day pop culture -

The Origins of Halloween Part II


And coming this week, I shall be presenting the 3rd part of what has turned into an annual exploration of the history of Halloween! Find it this weekend on this blog or go here to subscribe -

http://hypnobobs.geekplanetonline.com/


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two women who visited my office last October didn't care much for Halloween. One of them actually handed me a religious magazine with a feature condemning the tradition. But I.. corrected them, sir. And when the girl from accounts tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I... corrected her.